Lecture by Susan Bassnett
Susan Bassnett (Warwick) is one of the leading international figures and founding scholar in Translation Studies. Her research interests include comparative and world literature, theatre history, English poetry.
Susan Bassnett is author of over 20 books, and her Translation Studies, (3rd Ed. 2002) which first appeared in 1980, has remained consistently in print and has become the most important textbook around the world in the expanding field of Translation Studies. Recent publications include:
- Translation (Routledge, 2014)
- Reflections on Translation, Clevedon (Multilingual Matters, 2011)
- Political Discourse, Media and Translation, ed. Cristina Schaeffner and Susan Bassnett (Newcastle upon Tyne; Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2010)
- Translation in Global News, with Esperança Bielsa, (Routledge, 2008)
- The Translator as Writer ed. Susan Bassnett and Peter Bush (London and New York; Continuum, 2006)