Iberian and Latin American Studies Forum (ILAS Forum)
ILAS Forum gives continuity to the previous Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) founded in 2010. The new configuration integrates Latin American Studies and Iberian Studies in a strengthened transdisciplinary approach across national and regional boundaries, promoting research, teaching, and debate on these diverse, multicultural and multilingual geopolitical spaces.
The forum creates an epistemological debate along the lines of the transnational multilingual cultural and literary systems of Iberia and Latin American (and beyond) as well as their socio-political contexts. The main goal is to strengthen and innovate the position of Iberian and Latin American areas within the wider humanities in Denmark and the Nordic countries.
The objectives of ILAS Forum are to:
- Enhance the presence of Iberian and Latin America studies in all their diversity.
- Promote collaboration through renewed research agendas.
- Design projects that explore interregional connexions including Nordic countries, the Iberian Peninsula and the Mediterranean, Latin America, and Transatlantic areas.
- Extend its activity to initial and further education by discussing the function of Iberian and Latin American studies within pedagogical practices.
- Promote the implementation of research-based teaching as well as involving the student body in the forum.
- Disseminate research for the broader public and promote the debate in collaboration with civil society, governance, the public sector and diplomacy.
- Consolidate as a contact to expertise and advice on the Iberian Peninsula and Latin America for media and politics.
In the period 2023-2025, ILAS Forum will be organized in five interrelated thematic strands:
- Nature and Culture: Ecocriticism/-feminism, Post-Humanism, Utopianism.
- Politics and Society: Post-Democracy/-Secularism, Conflict/Conviviality.
- Trans-media, Film and Visual Cultures.
- Multilingual Spaces: Linguistics, Translation, and Intercultural communication.
- Bodies, Representations and Experiences (in collaboration with CULTMIND).
Politics and media consulting
The Iberian and Latin American Studies Forum includes specialists, who conduct in-depth research on a variety of regions and topics. They are entirely available to share knowledge with the broader public, especially professionals working in politics, media and business. Furthermore, ILAS Forum is in close contact through professional networks with other research institutions worldwide which allows to find a competent contact person even for special requests. For more information, please contact the coordinator.
The forum maintains a close dialogue with civil society, especially through joint activities with the association Netværk for Latinamerikastudier (NETLA) and with AIIA Academia Intercultural - Det Interkulturelle Akademi.
ILAS Forum offers an open environment for critical thinking and academic debate, and welcomes researchers, postdoctoral fellows and PhD students from all fields of interests. For more information, please contact the coordinator.
|Abarca Brown, Gabriel Antonio||Postdoc||+4535336517|
|Ansotegui Martinez, Maria Elena||Part-time Lecturer||+4535326616|
|Gustafsson, Jan||Associate Professor||+4535328449|
|Heiberg, Morten Rievers||Professor||+4535328618|
|Hernández-Flores, Nieves||Associate Professor||+4535328441|
|Jensen, Julio Hans C.||Associate Professor||+4535328455|
|Morollon Marti, Natalia||Teaching Associate Professor||+4522212578|
|Wink, Georg Walter||Associate Professor||+4535329115|